There’re just 10 days to go till Christmas Day. Are you stuck for gift ideas? Here’s our Top 10 Wild Christmas gifts for that ‘hard to buy for’ person in your life.
1.Spend time with the relations – Gorilla trekking permit, from US $600 (Uganda) to US $750 (Rwanda)
- Find out more about gorilla trekking in Uganda and Rwanda here.
- See sample gorilla trekking safari holidays here.
- Read Lily’s account of gorilla trekking here.
2.Mistletoe moment – fall in love with Africa and give a subscription to Travel Africa, the world’s only magazine dedicated to exploring Africa, from £15. Check out their subscription offers here.
- Read about Robert’s experience in Tarangire here.
- Find out more about hot air balloon safaris and other unforgettable safari experiences here.
4.Christmas Cracker – traditional cool, colourful cotton Kenyan Kikoys (try saving that after a few sherries) from £25. We love these ones from Blue Summer.
- See a video of the Flight of Angels here.
- There are many excursions from Victoria Falls – you can get some ideas here.
- See sample safari itineraries in Zimbabwe and Zambia.
6.Trumpet Fanfare – adopt an elephant, from US $50 per year. Enjoy monthly emails updating you on your elephant with pictures and videos.
- Find out more about the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust fostering programme here.
- Read about Kithaka and Arruba, the elephants fostered by the Real Africa Trust here.
7.Give a Great White Christmas – adventurous cage diving in South Africa from £120 per person. It might not be the most obvious thing to give your loved one, but cage diving with a Great White in South Africa’s glorious Cape is sure to be an unforgettable experience.
Cage diving can be easily added to any tailormade safari in the Cape. Find out more about our safaris and holidays in South Africa here.
8.A Night with the Stars – sleep out under the great African night sky from US $625 per person per night. Romantic, wonderful, unforgettable – this is a real Christmas cracker. There are many lodges offering a star bed experience including Loisaba and Serian in Kenya, Little Kulala in Namibia, Tswalu in South Africa, Baines and Jao Camp in Botswana. We love Nkwichi on Lake Malawi and the Dove’s Nest at The Hide in Hwange.
Read our blog about the best star beds in Africa here.
9.Jumbo Bells – Real Africa silver elephant pendant, from £140 each. These beautiful hand-finished eles, as worn by Saba Douglas-Hamilton, are made by jeweller, Penny Price and were specially commissioned by Real Africa for our 15th anniversary. 30% from each and every one (all the profit) is donated to conservation charity Save the Elephants.
To find out more or to order online please click here. Please note: due to overwhelming demand we are now looking at New Year deliveries!
10. Gold, Frankincence, Myrrh …and travel show tickets of course – let Brian Jackman, Monty Halls and other travel experts inspire you in the travel theatres and spend your day consulting the specialists about your future travels plans. Compliments of Real Africa.
Request your complimentary tickets to the new Telegraph Travel Show or Destinations Manchester or London here.