We are all still buzzing following the excitement of the Destinations show at London’s Earls Court. All four days were incredibly busy, with lots of visitors to the Real Africa/SATOA stand. Enquiries ranged from classic wildlife safaris in East Africa to off the beaten track adventures in Mozambique, Zambia and Malawi – to name a few. Namibia emerged as a hot favourite for 2014, closely followed by Uganda, Ethiopia and Botswana.
We certainly got through a lot of brochures and postcards and are now in the process of getting tailor-made quotes out to all those who stopped to discuss their trip ideas and left us their details. Thanks to everyone for coming to visit us and for making Destinations such a big hit for Real Africa.
Left: Our popular postcards.
Visitors baffled by mystery objects?
The Real Africa team also had a display of mystery objects on the stand (pictured) which kept a good deal of our visitors guessing. As promised I can now reveal what they all are!
- Footprint of a baby gorilla (Uganda)
- An Ethiopian pillow, carved from wood
- Two traditional bracelets from East Africa, one is made from elephant hair and the other is made from recycled telephone wires
- A lion made from recycled flip flops (Kenya)
- A Masai snuff box
We also had lots of entries to our free competition to win a Sandstorm Kenya safari bag with a whole load of goodies…we are just compiling all the entries and will notify the winner later this week.
- Visitors to the stand enjoyed the chance to discuss trip ideas face-to-face