Many people have the dream to travel the world for a living. Professions such as pilots, business people, and flight attendants allow people to explore the world. However, there are others who do travel blogging but do not fall in the categories of the stated professions. They are known as travel bloggers. They get paid to visit and write about travel as their main passion in life.
Starting a blog is pretty easy, whether as a profession or a hobby, but many people dream of becoming professional travel bloggers. They fail to achieve their dreams because they do not know where to start. Like any other type of writing, blogs require writing skills to develop content about travels. If you feel you have little skills, paper writing services such as WriteMyEssayForMe will help you know more about travel blogs. In the meantime, I will provide you with some easy steps on how to start a travel blog.
Step 1: Choose a suitable name
Naming your domain is the first thing you should think of when you want to start a travel blog. Your blog name is important because it serves as your brand. However, finding a suitable name is the most challenging part. It needs creativity and brainstorming since your blog name is part of your brand, and you would likely stick with it for your blog lifetime. Aim for a memorable but not limiting name. A few general rules below will help you find a suitable blog name. You can also seek help from PerfectEssay.com on how to choose an appropriate name.
- Make it unique: Numerous blogs use common travel words like ”Wandering” ”Adventurous” or ”Wanderlust”. Think outside the box and look for a unique name that no one has ever used. Originality matters in this case if you want to succeed. Seek help if you get stuck.
- Make it brief and memorable: The name of your travel blog should be short, easy to spell, type, remember, and share. This means that you should avoid names with hyphens, numbers, and misspellings.
- Think about the future: Think big about choosing the domain name of your travel blog because it will not be easy to change it later. Do not pigeonhole yourself into a niche brand if you expect your content to grow in the future. For instance, ‘‘Twenty-something travel’’ may be hard to remember when you grow up. Look for a name that you can use even after growing older.
- Try as much as possible to pick a name that describes your work: For instance, a nomad chose ‘‘Nomadic Matt’’ as his best pick. If you deal with luxury, place words in your domains that express luxury
Step 2: Set up your domain and hosting
Hosting is a place to store all your blog’s data, files, and photos for public accessibility when typed in your domain name. After picking the name, you should register it and purchase hosting. There are many hosting companies, but the most reliable is Bluehost. It is necessary to choose a stable and dependable hosting network that does not have too much downtime.
Step 3: Install WordPress
Nor that you have set up your domain and hosting, it is time to get your blog running. You can do this by installing word press. Bluehost will now prompt you to create a password for your account. After creating a password, WordPress will start installing on your account. After you create your password and sign in, you will be required to select a theme to begin to make a travel blog. Lastly, Bluehost will send you emails with your account and WordPress information. You are now ready to set up a travel blog.
Step 4: Install a theme and design your blog.
The next thing is to choose a theme. A theme is the appearance of a website when people visit it. You no longer need coding skills to improve the appearance of your website. Nowadays, you can install a theme with a few clicks:
- Return to your WordPress dashboard
- Hover over ‘‘appearance’’ and click on themes
- Activate the WordPress theme. If it is ready, return to your DomainName.com.
Step 5: Create your man pages
After uploading your theme, you will create a few pages on your website together with another blog post. The following are the pages to create:
- About page: This is where you inform the public about your travel blog. You will include information such as the subject of your travel blog, and how people will benefit from your blog.
- Contact page: Here, you provide information on how to reach you. Be sure to provide your valid contacts.
- Privacy page: It is a user page that notifies the public of the relevant laws used on the websites. You can find examples of the rules throughout the internet.
Step 6: Write your first blog post
Now, it is time to start creating content for your travel blog keeping in mind that quality is more useful than quantity. Take your time to write excellent, useful blog posts that can impact your readers. You need your article to inspire wanderlust, but they should include many actionable tips. Attract the attention of your readers by telling them why you want to write a travel blog or share what you are preparing for an upcoming journey. Share your favorite parts of a country, create short videos, show off your fantastic images in photo essays, and give recommendations about food.
Regardless of the topic, writing for a blog will help you understand how to publish any content that comes with WordPress, such as images and headers. In case you are experiencing any challenge with writing a travel blog, you can find help from professional writers with expertise in this field. Edu Jungles has a team of such individuals who will help you when you get stuck. Order your content to get the best paper.
Step 7: Promote Your Blog on Social Media Platforms
You can use three ways to promote your blog: – social media, traditional media, and search engines. Your own network is the easiest way to market your blog, but social media is also known for targeted advertising due to multiple active users per month. Using social media can help your content reach many users around the globe and attract potential customers. However, we do not recommend the use of all social media platforms.
We recommend using a few social media channels: Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Posting regularly on these channels is essential if you need to establish a successful and profitable travel blog. However, you should know that starting your travel blogs on Facebook or Instagram is too risky than having an actual website. You do not have any direct control over these platforms, and they are likely to disappear in the future.
By following the above steps, you can be sure that you can create a travel blog. Do not fear technology. You do not need to be an IT expert to start a blog. All you need is the ambition to get started. Most people who are clueless have started a blog and become successful. Nothing stops you from becoming one of them.